Equal Access Under the Law
Our programs and activities at Southwestern College offer equal access to everyone, regardless of sex. These policies follow 第九条 of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, as well as changes to the law which have occurred over time including the most recent in 2020.
项目 and activities that fall under 第九条 include but are not limited to:
- Off-campus activities
- Financial assistance
- Single-sex education
第九条 政策 & 程序
Our policies cover a broad range of activity to protect you from discrimination and sexual misconduct. Read our policies below for more detail.
- Nondiscrimination (BP 3410)
- Prohibition of Harassment (BP 3430)
- Prohibition of Sexual Harassment (BP 3433)
- Responding to Harassment Based on Sex (AP 3434)
- Discrimination and Harassment Complaints and Investigations (AP 3435)
- Sexual and Other Assaults on Campus (BP 3540)
- Student Rights and Grievances (AP 5530)
You can learn more about your rights and our obligations under 第九条 through the following links:
- Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department for Education: 第九条 and Sex Discrimination
- U.S. Department of Justice: 第九条 Legal Manual
- California Department of Education, Equal Opportunity and Access: Gender Equity/Title IX
- California Sex Equity in Education Act: list of rights, based on the relevant provisions of the federal regulations implementing 第九条
- U.S. Equal 就业 Opportunity Commission: Enforcement Guidance on Pregnancy Discrimination and Related Issues
If you have questions or concerns related to your rights under 第九条, or you believe that you have experienced or witnessed a violation of the College’s 第九条 policy, you can contact the 第九条 Officer.